1. Every time you are tempted to react the same old way ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
2. The thing to let go off is the thing you feel you must hold on to. At the time when you are most afraid, angry, stubborn and mistrustful your ego is forcing you to react, blinding you to new possibilities. You feel you can’t cope anymore, you feel boxed in, you feel you won’t survive. These feelings give rise to the contracted state to resistance, disallowing the reality that good things can happen at any time
3. Since letting go is a personal choice you are going to have to be your own teacher. Finding the right personal balance is very important.
4. Every emotion exists to help you. Instead of pushing an emotion away, have a closer look. Very often you will find emotions are layered. Anger masks fear and fear masks hurt. Getting past an emotion means getting through its layers to the root. If you recognise that certain situations always bring the same reaction ask what you need to learn in order for that reaction to change. Emotions come and go. Realize that each one has a rhythm and allow yourself to be in that rhythm. The best way not to drown is to ride the wave. As you begin to master the art of letting go your reality will change.
5. In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past but you will find yourself rooted in awareness and creativity. Once you have captured this you have captured the world.